Saturday, June 13, 2009

Katherine Clark Lee

Well, I did go past due date, but only 2 days! Water broke Tues AM and she came at 3:13 pm Tues via c-section. I wasn't contracting at all up to that point and so had to get on petiocin when I got to hospital. Started contracting, but not very fast. She wasn't responding well to the petocin and her heart rate jumped down twice. At that point doc told us we should consider talking about c-section. With the way I was contracting slowly, she wasn't dropping into birth canal b/c of my narrow hips, and mostly b/c of her response to the petocin, we decided c-section was the best route for both of us. She was delivered less than 30 min later! During surgery they saw the cord was around her neck as well and that I had 4 fibroid muscle tumors that had to be removed through second incision immediately after her removal. All no pain to me...was awake the whole time. Pain came later though and has decreased each day with the good drugs! :)

Needless to say, all has happened so quick this week! We just got home yesterday late afternoon and have had a day of adjustment so far! Things are going great now and we're starting to figure things out. Breastfeeding is going well and luckily she is a sleeper at the moment! We have heard she looks like a good combo of both of us. She already changes every day! Here is a link to pictures we have been taking. We'll continue to add to this link.

Can't wait for you to meet her!


http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=972629008/a=37844907_37844907/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

2 comments:

  1. Clark-she is beautiful! Once you have had time to settle in I am going to bring dinner. I am glad you are all home now! She is adorable! Have fun being a Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom you had another kid, and its a boy! My name is Patrick! I turned 13 on Tuesday and love life. I got a MacBook Air (you don't know what that is yet, you'll see ;)) and am using it a lot so far. Katherine is 15 now and about to drive. Your youngest son, Thomas, is doing good too. He is 10 and in 5th grade. You are a teacher at Heathwood Hall and teach 4th grade. Dad is still a lawyer. So many things have happened since 2009. I hope you see them soon!
    - Patrick Edward Lee, 13

    ReplyDelete